risotto with leeks, mushrooms, and chicken
Let's cut right to the chase:
- 2 c arborio rice
- 2 medium leek trunks, chopped finely
- 3 T olive oil, about
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 4oz can chopped mushrooms (or fresh mushrooms)
- 1 5oz can white chicken, drained
- 1/4 c Marsala wine
- 1 veggie broth cube, or equivalent
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- Sauté leeks in oil, add tomatoes, cook 5 minutes, add chicken and mushrooms, 2 more
minutes, stir in rice, add Marsala, let evaporate, start adding boiling water, broth cube.
Continue usual risotto 20 minute water absorption phase.
- Finish by removing from heat and adding the butter and freshly grated black pepper and
- This was a quick improvisation [yikes! canned chicken? where did that come from?] but
tasted pretty good. So we did not want to forget it.