fettuccine con spinaci
Here is another story-less recipe, but it survived because it is a winning combination.
- 2 lb spinach, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 T butter, 1 T olive oil or 2 T olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 oz veggie broth
- 1/2 c milk + arrowroot (or light cream if fat is not an issue)
- pepper and salt to taste
- 1 c freshly grated parmigiano
- touch nutmeg
- 1 lb fettuccini
- Boil pasta water and cook al dente.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spinach and cook it down with just the water left on it from
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil / butter until just softened.
- Then stir in the veggie broth and dairy component, salt and pepper, nutmeg.
- Drain the al dente pasta.
- Combine the sauce, spinach and pasta, and the cheese of course.
- No notes again.